What SSL certificate to use when developing integration for PDS and GP Connect

We’re currently working to develop tracing a patient in PDS followed by fetching their HTML access record. I understand that the authentication is TLS MA. Authentication is present in the scenarios that we have to develop against for the SCAL.

My question is: what’s the best way to implement the TLS MA when developing against the sandbox environments so that we can prove the implementation for the SCAL? Is it recommended to use self-signed certificates while developing against the sandbox?

Hi @isla.zhang

Can you confirm which version of PDS you are using and the access mode.

Is it the Personal Demographics Service - FHIR API?

Kind regards,
Ernest

Hi @ernest.kissiedu1 !

Indeed - it is indeed the FHIR API for PDS. Although my question about certificates relates to accessing the GP Connect HTML record also.

Thank you!

Hi @isla.zhang

I have reached out to the GP Connect team to contact you directly. If I receive any further responses, I will update you.

Kind regards,
Ernest

1 Like

Hi Isla, is this query in relation to a specific requirement in the GP Connect SCAL or PDS onboarding SCAL?
Many Thanks,
Harry.

Hi Harry! Apologies for the delay in replying. I’ve since realised that it doesn’t apply for PDS, as PDS auth will be via signed JWT.
It applies to GP Connect HTML access, and refers to SCAL requirement GPC-SSP04-03.

Thank you!