Seeking guidance on use case for MESH

We would like to know if MESH can be used to send consultation notes for a Private GP consultation to the patient’s NHS GP, when we have their permission to do so. We currently use Docman with a manual process preceeding it, however would like to expolore using MESH to send these consultation notes automatically. Is this is valid use case for MESH?

Regards
Clive

Hi Clive,

I’m Phil and I’m the Product Owner for MESH.

The use case you’ve described is inline with how MESH could be used between a MESH mailbox that you own and one which belongs to an NHS GP’s.

However, the on receiving a message, the NHS GP would need to know how to ingest the message/file into their system. This is usually done by assigning a workflow ID to the message which can then be used to trigger manual or automated processes on the NHS GP end.

Regards
Phil Whiteley

Thank you Phil this is really useful. In terms of the workflow ID is that universally defined for different transaction types, thus facilitating patient notes update for instance?

No problem, Clive.

There are 1000’s workflow ID, and which one to use needs to be agreed between the sending party and the GP’s IT provider (usually EMIS or TPP). Such discussions should also include how the message should be processes i.e. Possibility of automating the addition of the notes to the patient record, and the format the message will be sent in so that appropriate mapping to their systems can take place.

Hope that helps

Regards
Phil Whiteley