What? Control which organisation prescription code is used when issuing a prescription.
Why? A GP practice is aiming to better integrate with Community Pharmacy.
- CPCS is a established, but underutilised NHS program. Main blocker is that most consultations require a prescription and thus would bounce-back to the GP practice.
- GP practice triages patient and refer them to CP through CPCS
- CP pharmacist consults patient
- CP pharmacist recommends a prescription to patient
- GP practice approves prescription
- EPS is issued using CP pharmacist smartcard and GP practice prescribing code