Kettering XML and PDFs

Hi All

I’m new and would like some help please. I’m currently developing a service to send messages on MESH using the below spec.

https://digital.nhs.uk/developer/api-catalogue/message-exchange-for-social-care-and-health-api#post-/messageexchange/-mailbox_id-/outbox

The service work well with plain text in the body. But now I need to send PDFs, I have seen that the best way may be using Kettering XML. I have tried just simply sending a example as a body through the MESH API, but it fails (Bad Request). What am I doing wrong?

Once I have got my simple Kettering xml sending, I would like to alter it, so I contains a pdf body. Guessing this is sending a base 64 string of the pdf in the below section?

Any help would be a help, thanks

<ClinicalReport>
        <TextItem>
            <Cuid IdScope="Message">2</Cuid>
            <TextMarkupIndicator>-//IETF//DTD
                HTML//EN</TextMarkupIndicator>
            <TextBlock>

Hi Chris, I was wondering what use case you have? Is it discharge? If so there are more modern standards that could be used. If you can let me know, I’ll see if we can find the right person to help

Thank Shan

Sorry about the lateness of my reply to your offer. Its not a discharge, its sending below PDF document to be filed on the patient.

A document containing minimum of the below clinical data

1. Spirometry
  2. FeNo
  3. HbA1c
  4. ECHO
  5. Bnp

Below separate documents
7. Spirometry Trace
2. ECHO report
3. ECG report