Organisation ods code in the EPS bundle

Hi all, just wondering about the ODS codes in the FHIR bundles. Some organisations are part of a larger group which may have their own ODS code. In this case which ODS code should we use within the organisation bundle.

I also note that there is a ‘partof’ field in the bundle that takes the managing organisation’s ods code, so would the group-level ODS code (e.g. a PCN’s ODS code) be included here and the org-specific one in the organisation bundle?

Hi Mustafa
As you are aware Blinx are in the queue for EPS onboarding and we have said that we will only answer questions once you become a tier 3 supplier.
I am happy to answer the question as a one off.
n the FHIR bundles, when dealing with organizations that are part of a larger group, you should use the specific ODS code for the organization in question within the organization bundle. This would be the ODS code that uniquely identifies the specific organization location or entity.The ‘partOf’ field within the bundle is indeed designed to reference the managing or parent organization’s ODS code. So, in your example, for a primary care network (PCN), you would use the PCN’s ODS code in the ‘partOf’ field to indicate that the specific organization is managed by or part of the larger PCN. Meanwhile, the individual organization’s ODS code, distinct from the PCN’s ODS code, should be used in the organization bundle to identify that particular organization.To summarize, within the FHIR organization resource:- The ODS code for the individual organization should be included directly in the organization bundle.

• The ‘partOf’ attribute should reference the ODS code of the managing or parent organization, like a PCN or larger group, which oversees or encompasses the individual organization.

Thanks

Leanne

Hi Leanne,

Thanks for the response. This helps. I do have some further questions on the online documentation. Would it be okay for me to leave them in this forum so they can be addressed as and when possible?

Hi Mustafa

As mentioned in all of our communication to suppliers in the queue we are unable to answer questions and all development is done at risk.

If you have any more questions then please let EPS onboarding know.

Thanks

Leanne